-old canning lid (no rim), washed and dried
-scrap ribbon or ribbon ornament hangers
-glue (we used Tacky clear glue to glue on fabric)
-acrylic paint color of your choice
-stickers or other canning jar embellishment
-spray can of clear coat
-optional: plastic jewels (crafting tweezers to handle them) and craft glue
These are see-through, so a white paint was used.
How to make these:
1. Paint the inner flat area of the front of the canning lid. You may need to use two coats of paint, depending on if you use primer first. Allow to dry completely.
Optional: Embellish the outer area of the front of the lid with plastic jewels/rhinestones, beads, or item of your choice. Allow to dry.
2. Spray a clear coat over the front of the lid, using newspaper to cover your hanger to avoid it getting sprayed.
4. Trace lid onto back of scrap fabric and cut out, but slightly smaller than your trace line.
5. Glue your ribbon hanger onto back of canning lid.
6. Glue your fabric circle onto back of canning lid, covering ribbon hanger. Allow to dry.
Simply customize the ornament for the recipient. You'll have lots of fun in the process.