We put a few together and made these:
1 pack of regular size playing cards
1 pack of mini playing cards
glue (E6000, decoupage or other strong glue)
1/8 inch hole punch
large jump rings
jewelry tools: pliers, cutters, etc.
scrap beads from other projects
metal ornament hooks
Optional: plastic gems in different colors
One version: This is simply one playing card with a mini playing card glued to the backside, a hole punched and a ribbon added. These also make fun bookmarks.
1. To make these, glue two regular cards together, face side together. Allow to dry.
(This is what happened to the tacky glue when used on playing cards. It just peeled off the cards)
Note: I first used tacky glue. However, when the cards dried, they pulled apart very easily. This also happened with a glue stick. I then tried E6000 glue and decoupage. Both worked, but E6000 held better.
2. Glue a mini playing card to both sides, allowing each side to dry.
3. Punch a hole in opposite corners with the 1/8 inch hole punch.
4. Take two to three jewelry head pins, and add scrap beads, bending the end into a loop.
5. Attach all beads to a jump ring and attach to the bottom punched hole in the card.
6. Add a metal ornament hook to the top hole.
Yet another version:
Embellish the cards with plastic/acrylic gems in different colors. Here I used clear and red to embellish this Christmas Tree Ornament.