Cardboard canning jar boxes, the ones with a bottom and only sides, can be reused for so many things. If you are canning this summer, and have to buy new jars, read over these ideas for reusing your boxes.
1. Decorate and use to hold library books
2. Keep a few by the door inside, and use to hold dirty garden shoes, mucking boots, and horse riding boots.
3. Give one to your cat for a cozy cat bed. Cats love cardboard.
4. Save them to hold food when transporting it in your vehicle or to school.
5. Use it for craft projects
6. Use one to gather produce from your garden.
7. Give a few to your kids to play with. They make fun fake computer screens.
8. Use them to organize any supplies in a room, garage, or garden shed.
9. Use one to store scrap printer paper.
10. Decorate them and use them to deliver gifts or food to someone in need, who is sick or simply someone you wish to gift.
11. Tear it into strips and add it to your compost.
12. Recycle it at your local recycling center.