The next time you buy ice cream or sherbet in a plastic 5 quart bucket, consider reusing it if you cannot recycle the plastic. There are many ways to reuse it. Wash and dry your container and save it for:
1. Storing children's crayons.
2. Storing used coffee grounds and egg shells to transfer to your garden or compost pile.
3. Storing small craft items, ribbons, yarn scraps or button collections.
4. Take them to a u-pick farm to pick berries or other fruits and vegetables.
5. Use them to carry food from the garden.
6. Keep one in a family vehicle for emergencies (fill it with a small amount of cat litter).
7. Keep one on hand for someone who is sick.
8. Use them for cleaning projects.
9. Use them to carry food to feed farm animals.
10. Use them to store small children's toys.
11. Use them for camping trips.
12. Start plants in them.
13. Use one for kids to wash hands and face with for outside activities, such as Pioneer Day.
14. Keep them for snow castle and igloo making during winter (where snow is abundant).
15. Take one to the beach or lake for fun in the sand.